Should You Kick Your Child Out of the House for Using Drugs?

Should You Kick Your Child Out of the House for Using Drugs?

There comes a point where you have to make a decision with your child. Do you let them continue to do drugs in your home or kick them out of the house?  Many parents fear their child ending up dead someplace if they kick them out of the house.  However, if they let them live in their home, they will continue to use drugs.  What is a parent to do?

Here is an article that can give you some tips about how to handle your son or daughter that is on drugs.  At this point, you have probably reached rock bottom. You are tired of watching your child throwing their life away with drugs. It is time to be a responsible parent and do what is right for your child.  If you are in this situation, you are going to have to give your child an intervention. Professional interventionists are experienced in dealing with people that refuse to stop doing drugs.  In an intervention, the loved ones of the addict are sat together in a room. Everyone reads a letter to the addict as to why they need to come off drugs. At the end of each letter, there is a consequence if they don’t go to rehab. As a parent, you must tell your child that if they don’t go to rehab, they are going to have to pack their bags and leave.  You must be stearn.  You must also tell them that you will not be giving them money anymore.  At the end of the letter reading, the addict is told that they must go to rehab or the consequences of the letters will happen immediately.  This often gets the addicts attention and they do go to rehab.

If you choose not to get a professional interventionist to come to your home, you are going to have to Marchman Act your child.  Most states have a drug and alcohol program that forces an addict to get help.  It is done by court order.  You may have to tell the state that you live in that you have to Marchman act your son or daughter. The judge will have to make a decision on whether or not they think your child needs rehabilitation.  If they are admitted into the program by the court, they are put into a state funded program that is usually paid by the state.  In this way, you can assure that your loved one is taken care of.

If you don’t do anything, your child is in danger of losing their life.  There is nothing worse than finding your child on the floor dead in their bedroom. The time to act is now.  If you need help with an intervention, call a drug and alcohol treatment center immediately.


No Comments

Post A Comment

Send us an email to get back to being you, today.