16 Oct Whitney Houston: She Had a Long Battle with Addiction
The music legend was born in 1963 and died in 2012 at the young age of 48. She produced #1 songs in pop, R&B, soul and gospel. She sold around 170 million albums worldwide. She starred in a movie called The Bodyguard. Her music touched millions of people’s lives and she is regarded as one of the best singers that ever lived.
It is clear that on the day of her death, police found a small spoon with a crystal like substance rolled up in a piece of white paper. Often, this is used to snort cocaine.
According to the https://www.dailymail.co.uk, the driver of Whitney and Bobby Brown Houston smoked crack in front of their 5 year old daughter. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2941425/I-saw-Whitney-Bobby-smoke-crack-daughter-just-five-Houston-s-driver-reveals-drug-horror-childhood-Bobbi-Kristina-family-prepare-say-goodbye.html
A lot of fans blamed Bobby Brown for introducing her to drugs. However, her brother Michael Houston said that he and Whitney had used drugs together before she was with Bobby Brown. He said that he taught her to drive and hung out together. He said this on a story to Oprah on OWN. It is clear from the interview, that it was Michael Houston that introduced Whitney to the drug Crack Cocaine.
The movie Whitney aired on the Lifetime Network. In one scene of the movie, it shows Whitney Houston introducing the drug crack cocaine to Bobby Brown. He rejected it from her the first time. However, after he was with her for a while, he tried it and later on began using it as well.
Many drug addicts get their introduction to drugs from their childhood. It is much harder to get rid of your drug addiction if you start as a child. Many celebrities and non-celebrities alike have trouble with drug addiction. The faster that one begins going for treatment, the better.
The other sad fact is that Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown died of a drug overdose as well. She died at the young age of 22 and was found in a bathtub like her mother was. Whitney and her mom were close. When Whitney Houston died, Bobbi Kristina Brown seemed to take her death hard. It is clear that her childhood was exposed to watching her parents take drugs. In many families, drug addiction starts at home. Often, mothers and fathers are the first to exposure their children to drug and alcohol use. Many treatment centers offer family programs for families that struggle with addiction.